FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 19, 2013
Statewide leaders and child advocates to discuss strategies for helping all South Carolina children succeed
COLUMBIA, S.C. - S.C. DHEC Director Catherine Templeton will join a panel discussion hosted by The Institute for
Child Success and Nurse-Family Partnership® (NFP), two organizations working to improve access to early
childhood care and education across South Carolina.
The panel discussion will be held Friday, Feb. 22, 2013, from Noon-1:30 p.m. at Market Pavilion Hotel, 225 E. Bay
St., Charleston, SC 29401.
- Catherine Templeton, director, South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control
- Chris Bishop, eastern region program developer, Nurse-Family Partnership
- Dr. Susan Shi, chair, Board of Directors, The Institute for Child Success
- NFP's achievements since launching in South Carolina in 2008
- ICS's support of NFP and other programs that give South Carolina's children and families access to the resources
they need to succeed
- DHEC's support for early childhood education