Asphalt plants may be eligible for a general permit if they only perform asphalt production and the only sources of emissions, besides exempt equipment, are:
- systems for receiving, crushing, screening, handling, storing, weighing, drying, and transferring aggregate (virgin and non-virgin);
- systems for receiving, storing, and transferring asphalt cement;
- systems for mixing aggregate with asphalt cement;
- systems for the storing and dispensing of asphalt;
- asphalt cement and fuel storage tanks;
- auxiliary heaters (including hot oil heaters); and
- associated emission control systems.
- The facility is limited to hot mix asphaltic concrete production or other DOT approved methods as allowed in the permit
- The maximum size for a single auxiliary heater (including hot oil heaters) is limited to less than 10 million BTU/hr rated input capacity.
- All fuel fired sources at the facility are limited to using natural gas, propane, liquefied petroleum gas, fuel oil and/or recycled oil (with written approval from the Department) as fuel.
- The emissions from all batch mix plants (pug mills) must be ducted to the dust control system and baghouse
Interactive Map of Asphalt Plants
Emissions/ Reporting Tools:
Copy of the Permits:
**Note that these copies are provided for use by facilities that have already been granted coverage by the Bureau. Download and use of these permits does not constitute coverage.**
For more information please contact your permit writer or Air’s Permitting Division