Petroleum Distribution Operations
Petroleum Distribution Operations, for purposes of this permit, will cover a variety of sources which provide bulk storage and distribution of gasoline, petroleum distillates, fuel additives, and ethanol. Facilities may only be comprised of the following:
- storage tanks
- loading racks and associated control devices where applicable (including but not limited to vapor combustion units, open flares, and vapor recovery units.),
- fuel burning operations (including but not limited to boilers),
- emergency generators,
- other Department approved equipment
These facilities can also have exempt sources that do not have to request an exemption for installation.
List of Petroleum Distribution facilities currently covered by a General Permit
- Maximum size of a single boiler must be less than 30 million BTU/hr rated input capacity.
- Only the following fuels may be used: natural gas, propane, or virgin fuel oil (sulfur content equal to or less than 2.1% by weight).
- Volatile Organic Chemicals (VOC) and Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) emissions are limited to less than 100 tons per year each.
- Hazardous Air Pollutants (HAP) emissions are limited to less than 10 tons per year for any single HAP and less than 25 tons per year for all combined HAPs.
Copies of the Permit:
**Note that these copies are provided for use by facilities that have already been granted coverage by the Bureau. Download and use of these permits does not constitute coverage.**
For more information please contact your permit writer or Air'Permitting Division