Links to Other Teen Health Resources
Tobacco, Drugs, Alcohol
- How Can I Quit Smoking? (DHEC)
- Drug Free America provides parents and youth information about
prevention, intervention, and treatment for drugs and alcohol.
- Campaign for
Tobacco Free Kids
vision is "a future free of the death and disease caused by tobacco." This is their list of actions parents
can take to help ensure their teen remains (or becomes) tobacco-free.
- Alive at 25 is a "survival" course developed by the National
Safety Council. It is designed to prevent the #1 killer of teens, automobile crashes. The website includes
several videos promoting positive decision-making while adolescents drive. Let your teen's school know about
Preventing Accidents, Injuries
- National Runaway Switchboard provides information for runaway
youth and those concerned about them.
Parents, make sure to view the Tips Page on how to
handle certain situations with your teen.
- StopBullying.gov provides information
for teens, parents, and communities on how to prevent or stop bullying.
Obesity, General Health
Youth Surveillance Data for SC
For more information, contact us at (803) 898-0405 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Read a brief description of the work performed by DHEC's Division of Women's Health.