"The Point" Teen Clinics
DHEC’s statewide Family Planning program provides confidential reproductive health care services, counseling and education to teens by caring professionals. Some of the many services Family Planning provides are:
- Birth Control Methods Available on Site
- Up to a Year's Supply of Birth Control
- Emergency Contraception Available on Site
- Pregnancy Testing
- STI Screening
- Instruction in Abstinence
Schedule an appointment today at your local Family Planning Clinic. To find a clinic near you, please visit: Family Planning Clinic Locator or call 800-868-0404.
Some counties even have special teen-only clinics called The Point.
What is "The Point"?
The Point teen centers are confidential, safe and friendly places for teens – females and males – to get the help they need.
At The Point, you can get a range of services, including:
- All types of contraception
- Annual exams
- Pregnancy testing
- Sexually transmitted infections testing
How much do services cost?
All services are free or low cost. We will talk with you about Medicaid. If you qualify, it can help you pay for services.
How can I find a center near me?
If you live in one of the counties below, here’s how to contact a teen-only center.
- Beaufort, Colleton, Hampton and Jasper counties
- Appointments: 1.888.325.8599 or 843.525.5915
- 2 Locations:
- The Point – Bluffton, 4819 Bluffton Parkway
- The Point – Colleton, 219 S. Lemacks Street
- Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester counties
- Appointments: 843.953.0090
- Questions? Text, call: 843.834.5969 or email us at email@example.com
- 4 Locations:
- The Point - Johns Island, 3574 Maybank Hwy.
- The Point - Northwoods. 2070 Northbrook Blvd. A-20
- The Point - Goose Creek, 106 Westview Blvd.
- The Point - Moncks Corner, 109 West Main St.
- Cherokee, Greenville, Pickens, Spartanburg and Union counties
- Appointments: 864.345.1336
- Questions? 864.381.5619
- 2 Locations:
- The Point Teen Health Center at Tobias, 154 George Washington Carver Dr .
- The Point Teen Health Center at Spartanburg County Health Department, 151 E. Wood St .,Spartanburg,
If you live in a different part of the state, you can still get services at DHEC’s regular family planning clinics.
Useful Teen Websites
Not Right Now – Put Pregnancy on Pause (Spartanburg County)
Teen Only Website at the South Carolina Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy
Staff Phone, Email Info | DHEC Locations | Organizational Charts