AIDS Drug Assistance Program
The South Carolina AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) helps South Carolina residents get HIV medications or drugs they cannot get or otherwise afford.
ADAP is made up of three service tiers:
- Direct Dispensing Program (DDP)
- Insurance Assistance Program (IAP)
- Medicare D Assistance Program (MAP).
If you are enrolled in the DDP, you will receive your HIV medications directly through a mail-order pharmacy (PANTHERx Specialty). If you are enrolled in the MAP, you will receive your HIV medications directly through a mail-order pharmacy (CVS/Caremark). If you are enrolled in the IAP, you will get treatment services through your health insurance, and the IAP will help with insurance premiums, copays and deductibles payments through a network of approved pharmacies.
- You must make a commitment to take your medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
- Have HIV/AIDS
- Live in South Carolina
- Have limited income (at or below 300% of the FPL for DDP; 550% for IAP or MAP)
- Not be eligible for Medicaid
- Not be eligible for Medicare Part D with FLIS.
Your case manager, nurse, or doctor can help you find out if you qualify for the S.C. ADAP DDP, IAP, or MAP services
You Can Lose Benefits If You…
- Do not respond to S.C. ADAP letters on time
- Fail to submit all documentation at the time of recertification
- Make too much money, so that your income exceed 300% of the FPL for DDP clients and 550% for IAP or MAP clients
- Do not take your medicines as prescribed.
- Get Medicaid
- Get Medicare Part D with Full Low Income Subsidy (FLIS)
- Move out of S.C., or go to prison
See if you meet the income requirements.
See which medicines are approved under ADAP (pdf).
- Let ADAP know if you move so your medicine and forms can be mailed to the correct address.
- Respond to letters and forms sent to you by ADAP
- DDP clients should contact ADAP if they have health insurance, to see if they qualify for IAP or MAP.
We are here to help. If you have any questions, please call S.C. ADAP, your case manager, nurse, or doctor.
- Toll-free S.C. ADAP: 1-800-856-9954
- AIDS/STD Hotline : 1-800-322-AIDS (2437)
Staff Phone, Email Info | DHEC Locations | Organizational Charts