Recognize a South Carolina Dentist
Serving Patients with
Special Health Care Needs
9th Annual Carlos Salinas Award
The South Carolina Dental Association (SCDA) and the South Carolina Oral Health Coalition (SCOHACC) have established an award to honor a dentist for excellence in providing care to and advocacy for individuals with special health care needs. This award which began in 2007 is co-sponsored by Specialized Care Company, and nominations are accepted through the Division of Oral Health. It is named for Dr. Salinas who dedicated his academic career to the service of individuals with special healthcare needs and their families.
- The nominee must be a dentist licensed to practice dentistry in the State of South Carolina.
- Nominations can be submitted by anyone in the community other than the provider receiving the nomination. (Author must include name and contact information).
- A formal letter written by the person submitting the nomination; stating why the nominee should be selected.
- The letter should cite at least three specific examples that demonstrate how the nominee has provided exceptional care for patients with special needs.
- Deadline for nomination letter receipt (or postmark) is June 24, 2016. Electronic submissions are preferred. Please send to Mary Kenyon Jones, email@example.com.
- 2008 Dr. Kenneth Lowry
- 2009 Dr. Richard Cross
- 2010 Dr. Richard Bryant
- 2011 Dr. John Sowell
- 2012 Dr. Mary Bradley Tepper
- 2013 Dr. James Curtis
- 2014 Dr. Scott Wietecha
- 2015 Dr. Michelle Zeigler
For more information, please contact:
Mary Kenyon Jones, Education and Outreach Specialist S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control-Division of Oral Health firstname.lastname@example.org .