How to Search for Courses
All EMT courses are being tracked via our online Credentialing Information System (CIS). If you already have a South
Carolina userID and password, please skip to Searching for Courses. If you do know if you have a
South Carolina userID and password for CIS, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to https://apps.emspic.org/CIS/Go At the bottom
of the page, click on "Click here for the Public Access site"
- Next, you will be asked to select a state. Select "South Carolina" then click "Enter Public CIS" You are now
logged in as a South Carolina Guest.
- On the left-hand side of the page, click on "Personnel." This will drop down a "Personnel Search" option.
- Click on "Personnel Search"
- Type your name in the spaces provided, then click "Search." Do not enter any other information than your first
and last name.
If your name appears on the screen, contact DHEC Division of EMS & Trauma at 803-545-4204
or the EMSPIC at 866-773-6477 and ask for assistance resetting your password.
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER IN CIS.
If you are not found in the CIS database, the search results should indicate, "Nothing found to display." In
this case - you must register to use the CIS.
To register to use South Carolina's Credentialing Information System:
- On the left side of the screen, click the word "Profile." You should now see the option, "Register to use
- Click on "Register to use CIS."
- Enter the required information, and then click "Save" in the bottom right-hand corner. You are now registered in
CIS and you will have a SC userID, example "SC999999".
Searching for Courses
- Login to CIS using your userID and password
- On the main CIS Menu (left side of screen), select Education. Select Scheduled
- Note: The Scheduled Courses menu option only returns courses that are available for
enrollment and have been approved by SC DHEC
- Enter any course search criteria
- Search criteria entered can be very vague. CIS will search for partial names or numbers
- Click the Search button
- Click the View link beside the desired course to see additional information
Register for Courses
- Follow the instructions above to search for a course
- After clicking the View link beside the desired course, scroll to the bottom of the page
- Click on Registration Info
- Registration instructions for the training institution will appear on the screen.
Here is a link to a video tutorial demonstrating the above course search and registration process: