Practitioner / Pharmacist Database Access Request Form Instructions
The PMP database is a tool that should provide practitioners and pharmacists with an efficient and effective alternative for gathering dispensing activity of CII-CIV controlled substances for their patients that will not impede the appropriate medical utilization of licit controlled substances.
To request access to the PMP Database a Practitioner / Pharmacist must:
- Complete a Practitioner / Pharmacist Database Access Request Form (pdf); and
- Practitioner, your DEA # will be your user name. Pharmacist, the pharmacy’s DEA# AND your state pharmacist license # (ie: AB1234563-SC1234 or AB1234563-SC12345) will be your user name and you should propose a password;
- Passwords must be at least 8 characters in length.
- Passwords must contain at least one (1) upper case letter and one (1) lower case letter and one (1) number.*
H82bYb07 – would be acceptable
Bob$10000 – not be acceptable
Rsmith“07” – not be acceptable
*The following symbols in a password are not acceptable:
(, “ ‘ $ & ?)
- Complete a Privacy Statement Form (pdf); and
- PRINT or TYPE all of the information requested, or the request may be denied; and
- Sign and date form(s).
Mail the following items:
- Completed and notarized Practitioner / Pharmacist Database Access Request Form (pdf); and
- Signed and Dated copy of the Privacy Statement (pdf); and
- Copy of Current Drivers License.
FOR OUT-OF-STATE Practitioner/Pharmacist applicants also include the following:
- Copy of a current professional license; and
- Copy of current DEA registration (prescribers only).
DHEC Bureau of Drug Control
Prescription Monitoring Program
2600 Bull Street
Columbia, SC 29201-1708
Health Information Designs, Inc (HID) will notify you by email (ensure email address is practitioner/pharmacist specific), that your request has been approved and you will be notified of your user name and personal identification number (PIN) and will be given the access website address.
For additional information, contact: E-mail or telephone (803) 896-0688