Practitioner / Pharmacist Database Access Request Procedures
The PMP database is a tool that should provide practitioners and pharmacists with an efficient and effective alternative for gathering dispensing activity of CII-CIV controlled substances for their patients that will not impede the appropriate medical utilization of licit controlled substances.
To request access to the PMP Database a Practitioner / Pharmacist must complete the following steps in order:
- First, complete the SCRIPTS On-Line Training Course at http://www.careermap.net/scpmp;
- SCRIPTS On-Line Training Course Instructions; Print out instructions below:
- After completion of the on-line training course, complete a Practitioner / Pharmacist Database Access Request Form (pdf);
- Practitioner / Pharmacist Database Access Request Form Instructions
Mail the following items:
- Completed and notarized Practitioner / Pharmacist Database Access Request Form (pdf); and
- Signed and dated copy of the Privacy Statement (pdf); and
- Copy of current Driver’s License.
FOR OUT-OF-STATE Practitioner/Pharmacist applicants also include the following:
- Copy of a current professional license; and
- Copy of current DEA registration (prescribers only).
DHEC Bureau of Drug Control
Prescription Monitoring Program
2600 Bull Street
Columbia, SC 29201-1708
Health Information Designs Inc. (HID) will notify you by two (2) e-mails (ensure email address on application is practitioner/pharmacist specific), that your access request has been approved; and you will be given your “user name”, “password”, personal identification number- “PIN” and the secure “user” website address to log on the system.
For additional information, contact: E-mail or telephone (803) 896-0688