First Time User? Click on your "role".
As an educator you can use this website to:
- Develop lesson plans based on student research projects.
- Develop lesson plans to teach public health and environmental issues.
- Find resources and programs that students and the school can use or participate in to promote positive changes that will improve their community.
As a health care provider you can use this website to:
- Find data and information that encourages patients to make better lifestyle choices to improve their health.
- Explore data and information to increase awareness and help make linkages between environmental exposures and diseases.
- Find resources and programs that your patients can participate in for a positive change in both their health and environment.
As an individual or community member you can use this website to:
- Find data and information to improve your individual health and your family’s health.
- Find data and information to improve your environment and community.
- Find resources and programs that you can participate in to make positive changes that will improve both your health and the environment.
As a policy maker you can use this website to:
- Explore and gain a better understanding of data and information about environmental exposure(s) and disease(s) in the communities you serve.
- Find resources and programs that may benefit you and/or your constituents.
- Identify opportunities for improving public health and/or the environment in your area.
As a researcher you can use this website to:
- Find data, statistics, and prevention information to improve public health and address environmental issues.
- Find data, statistics, and prevention information for writing grant proposals.
- Explore data and information about exposures and diseases to help research linkages and evaluate particular needs in a given area or identified population/group.
As a student you can use this website to:
- Find data and statistics for research projects.
- Learn more about public health and environmental issues.
- Find resources and programs to develop school based projects that will improve your surrounding community.
Navigate each Content Area by:
|Track It.||View/print tables of environmental and health data where you live, work, and, play.||Map It.||View/print maps of environmental and health data by county.|
|Use It.||Find more information on related resources and recommendations for better choices to help improve both your health and the environment.|
|About It.||Find descriptions, definitions, explanations, and facts about each content area.|
|Create It.||A query based “Interactive/Dynamic Portal” where you can choose a particular content area and explore the data and create charts, trend lines, tables and maps by county with additional demographic information including gender, age, and race.|
View other EPHT web pages:
|Coastal Environment||This unique content area web page gives residents and visitors easy access to links on information about South Carolina's coastal region.|
|About EPHT||The data collected by this program can be used to help us better understand potential interactions between our environment and our health.|
|Contact EPHT Team||Use this form to send us feedback or questions about EPHT.|
|Definitions||These definitions are specific to each content areas’ data and information.|
|FAQs||These FAQs are based on general data and information about EPHT, its contents, and historical information.|
|News & Resources||Use this page to find DHEC news releases, resources on topics related to EPHT, and EPHT publications.|
|Success Stories||As a user of our website we want to hear your stories about actions you have taken to improve the environment and/or public health.|