We promote and protect the health of the public and the environment.
Healthy people living in healthy communities
Strategic Goals (2005-2010)
- Increase support to and involvement by communities in developing healthy and environmentally sound communities
- Improve the quality and years of healthy life for all
- Eliminate health disparities
- Protect, enhance and sustain environmental and coastal resources
- Improve organizational capacity and quality
- Customer Service - We are committed to meeting or exceeding our customers' identified needs and expectations with quality service.
- Teamwork - We are committed to working together to achieve common goals.
- Cultural Competence - We are committed to cultural competence by recognizing, respecting, understanding, accepting and valuing different cultures in order to provide effective services to all our customers.
- Use of Applied Scientific Knowledge for Decision Making - We are committed to the use of rational methods and scientific knowledge to guide our decisions and professional judgment.
- Local Solutions to Local Problems - We are committed to cooperation and collaboration within our agency and with local resources to develop healthy communities that are active in improving their own health and environment.
- Excellence in Government - We are committed to building an organization that is quality-focused, customer-driven and fiscally responsible.
- Our Employees - We are committed to supporting our staff who are our most important resource and critical to the accomplishment of our agency's mission.