Note: All applicants must provide a photocopy or show a valid government, school or employer issued photo identification. Applications without proper identification will be rejected and not processed.
3 Ways to Obtain Copies of Vital Records
- A completed application form
- A $12 non-refundable standard searching fee; $3 for each additional copy
- Photo ID
- State office - Issues long form birth certificates (required for travel), birth cards, death certificates, marriage certificates and divorce reports; initiates and files corrections
- Office Hours 8:30AM - 4:00PM Tel: (803) 898-3630
- 2600 Bull St., Columbia, SC 29201
- Regional offices - Issues long form certificates, birth cards, death certificates 2005 forward and initiates corrections
- County offices - Limited services and hours of operation. Contact County office for details.
For additional information, contact Vital Records.