Water Quality Certification - Pre-Application Interagency Meetings
- Interagency Meetings will primarily be held for large and/or controversial projects in most cases. Generally Interagency Meetings will not be held for projects such as boat ramps, minor road crossings, small ponds, etc.
- Provided there is enough applicants, Interagency Meetings will be held on the 1st Thursday of each month beginning at 10:00 a.m., and will rotate between the Department's Bureau of Water (BOW), the Department's Office of Ocean and Coastal Resource Management, and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Charleston District.
- Upon inquiry, prospective applicants will be e-mailed Interagency Meeting Application/Form or standard mail) an Interagency Meeting Request Form (IMRF), a schedule of the Interagency Meetings, and a schedule of the deadlines for submitting an application.
- A complete application must consist of all information requested on the IMRF plus fourteen (14) copies of a brief project narrative, location map, soils map, and drawings indicating the proposed activity.
- Generally, in order for a meeting to be held, there must be at least two applicants, and complete applications must be received by the deadline published by the BOW (approximately 10 to 14 days before the scheduled meeting).
- Once a request has been approved the applicant will be notified via email and given a date, time and location to present during the next scheduled meeting.
- If there is not more than one applicant, scheduled to present during the next scheduled meeting, the signal applicant will be notified that he or she will be placed on the next month's schedule, regardless if there is only the one applicant.
Interagency Meeting Application/Form
Procedures for Interagency Meetings
2015 Interagency Meeting Schedule
Regulatory Agencies or Review Authority in attendance of Interagency Meeting
Monica Taylor, Interagency Meeting Coordinator, (803) 898-4176
Staff Phone, Email Info | DHEC Locations | Organizational Charts | S.C. Board of Health and Environmental Control