Santee Cooper Pee Dee Generating Station
Update Notice of MACT Approval (NOMA)(112(g))
Santee Cooper has submitted a Case-by-Case Maximum Achievable Control Technology (MACT), also called "112(g)", application. On February 08, 2008, the United States Court of Appeals vacated (i.e., eliminated) the federal Clean Air Mercury Rule (CAMR) for power plants. Until a new mercury regulation is issued by the EPA, each new power plant will have to propose emission limits to control hazardous air pollutants, including mercury. DHEC is required to review the proposed limits and application and make a MACT determination.
Comment period for the Notice of MACT Approval (112(g)) has ended as of November 6, 2008.
Any documents linked below are in pdf format.
- September 23, 2008, Announcement of Public Notice and Public Hearing
- September 23, 2008, Public Notice
- Public Hearing Location Map
- September 23, 2008, Notice of MACT Approval (NOMA)
- August 19, 2008 DHEC 112(g) Application Completeness Letter
- July 22, 2008, Santee Cooper Public Meeting
- July 16, 2008, Variability Calculations
- June 30, 2008, Santee Cooper Case by Case Application for Pee Dee
- MACT Fact Sheet
If you have questions, please contact the individual listed below at (803) 898-4123 or via email.
Elizabeth J. Basil, Director
Engineering Services Division, Bureau of Air Quality
2600 Bull Street
Columbia, SC 29201
For more information please contact the Bureau of Air Quality at (803) 898-4123 or by email.