- Fewer vehicles on the roads decrease rush-hour traffic congestion.
- Reducing mobile source pollution can improve air quality and have positive impacts on human health and the environment.
- The costs of using mass transit is often less than the monthly cost of operating a personal vehicle; especially when you include fuel costs, parking fees, and regular maintenance.
- Provides more opportunities for individuals who may not own or have access to a personal vehicle.
- Taking advantage of mass transit opportunities provides time for reading, working or relaxing that might otherwise be spent idling in traffic.
- Tax-based incentives and commuter benefits can become available through employers.
For more information please contact the Bureau of Air Quality at (803) 898-4123 or by email.