- Allows commuters to avoid the costs of expensive urban parking.
- Peak hour traffic congestion is lowered by reducing the number of personal vehicles on the road.
- Daily fuel and vehicle maintenance expenses are lowered.
- Reducing the number of vehicles on the road reduces overall vehicle emissions, thereby improving air quality.
- Increases use of alternative commutting methods like carpooling, vanpooling, walking, biking, and mass transit.
- Nearby businesses often see additional shopping, boosting your local economy.
For more information please contact the Bureau of Air Quality at (803) 898-4123 or by email.