- Reduces the number of vehicles on the road and traffic congestion, thereby improving air quality.
- A walking and biking commute promotes a healthly lifestyle by encouraging daily exercise and reducing stress.
- It saves gas money and expenses that may be used on vehicle maintenance.
- Provides safer travel for everyone by increasing driver awareness and promoting enhancements or improvements for sidewalks and bike lanes.
- Promotes a sense of community by providing opportunities for neighbors, coworkers, and community members to interact and socialize.
For more information please contact the Bureau of Air Quality at (803) 898-4123 or by email.