Skip to content
Food Safety for Industry

Community Celebrations, Festivals and Other Special Events (1-3 Days)

The photo shows a line of people in front of a caramel apple stand.Food Permit Needed

Anyone preparing or serving potentially hazardous food at a community celebration, festival, promotion or similar event lasting no more than three consecutive days will need a Special Events Permit.

No food permit is needed for these types of 1-3 day special events if you are only serving foods that are 'not potentially hazardous' such as pre-packaged potato chips.