Publications and Web Links for Mosquito Control and Mosquito-Borne Diseases
Mosquito Control and Pesticides
- The American Mosquito Control Association
- South Carolina Mosquito Control Association
- Using Pesticides Safely, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Office of Pesticide Programs
- Homeowner Pesticide Information, Clemson University Department of Entomology's Pesticide Information Program
West Nile Virus
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's main page for West Nile Virus - Authoritative pages of information on the virus, the mosquito, methods of prevention, treatment, and control
- National Pesticide Information Center's West Nile Virus Page
- United States Department of the Interior's Geological Survey West Nile Virus Maps - USGS works with CDC to create maps of incidence. The site includes fact sheets and annual summaries.
Eastern Equine Encephalitis (EEE) Virus
Other Mosquito-borne Diseases
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Arbovirus Page - Information about other diseases (arboviruses) caused by mosquitoes
For Healthcare Professionals
- Instructions for Physicians (pdf) - Up-to-date, detailed and referenced with active links.
- Arboviruses in Animals:
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's West Nile Virus in Horses Page
- United States Department of Agriculture's Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service, West Nile Virus – animal cases.
- United States Department of Agriculture's Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service, Eastern Equine Encephalitis Virus – animal cases.
- Equine Vaccination Information:
- South Carolina Information:
- Clemson University Livestock and Poultry Health Division
- South Carolina Equine Encephalitis Submission Form (pdf)
For more information please contact your local Mosquito Control Program.