Charleston County will hold it 15th Annual Earth Day Festival Saturday April 26 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. at Riverfront Park in North Charleston. Recycling will be available for old paint and electronic waste. Paper shredding and a Goodwill Donation Center will also be available. For more information go to: http://www.charlestoncounty.org/departments/SolidWaste/earthday.htm#page=page-
County Recycling Coordinator: Carolyn Carusos
Location and mailing address: 13 Romney St., Charleston, SC 29403-3844
Phone: (843) 720-7111
Fax: (843) 720-7115
Web site: Charleston County Recycling Web Site
Areas provided with curbside collection include the City of Charleston, Folly Beach, Isle of Palms, James Island, Johns Island, Mt. Pleasant, North Charleston, Sullivan's Island and West Ashley.
Charleston County picks up recyclables at the curb for residents in single-family homes in the more populated areas every other week. Charleston County also operates dual stream, cart-based programs for the multi-family sector (apartments and condos) as well as the commercial business sector. Call (843) 720-7111 for more information.
Staffed Convenience Centers
- 1775 River Rd., McClellanville - (843) 887-3978
- 1558 Liberia Rd., Wadmalaw - (843) 559-0841
- 2844 Hwy. 174, Edisto Island - (843) 869-2917
- 6380 Maxville Rd., Awendaw - (843) 928-3860
- 8326 Old Jacksonboro Rd., Adams Run - (843) 889-9795
- 5303 Hwy. 165, Hollywood - (843) 889-3134
HOURS: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.;
Wednesday and Sunday, 1 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Staffed Convenience Center
- 13 Romney St., Charleston - (843) 720-7111
HOURS: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Staffed Convenience Center
- 1344 Bees Ferry Rd., Bees Ferry Landfill - (843) 763-8564
HOURS: Monday - Saturday, 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.;
Sunday, 1 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Unstaffed Drop-off Sites
In addition to the staffed convenience centers listed above, there are more than 40 drop-off sites located throughout the county that accept the following materials:
Recycling bins also are distributed at some locations. To see a complete listing of locations and the materials accepted, visit Charleston County's Web site.
Vendor: Bees Ferry Compost Facility
Location: 1344 Bees Ferry Rd., Charleston
DETAILS: Compost is sold for $2 per bag. Small quantities are loaded by the individual buyer. Large quantities are loaded with landfill equipment.
Staffed Drop-off Site
- 1019 Aragon St., North Charleston (next to North Charleston Public Works)
Directions can be downloaded from the Keep North Charleston Beautiful Web Site.
HOURS: Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.
NOTE: Site DOES NOT ACCEPT larger electronics (e.g., computers, televisions, printers, etc.).
Contact: Rusty Lameo
Location and Mailing Address: 21 Beachwalker Drive, Kiawah Island SC 29455
Phone: (843) 768-9166
Fax: (843) 768-4764
Web: Town of Kiawah Island Recycling Web Page
Unstaffed Drop-off Site
- St. John’s Fire Station, 33 Sora Rail Rd.
- Municipal Center, 21 Beach Walker Dr.
HOURS: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Advance Auto, 937 Folly Rd.
- Advance Auto, 2575 Ashley River Rd.
- Advance Auto, 1630 Highway 7
- Advance Auto, 2217 Savannah Hwy.
- Auto Zone, 1495 Savannah Hwy.
- Auto Zone, 3641 Savannah Hwy
- Pep Boys, 1550 Savannah Hwy.
- Walmart Tire and Lube Express Center, 3951 W. Ashley Circle
- 5303 Hwy. 165
- Auto Zone, 1019 Folly Rd.
- Advance Auto, 1677 Hwy. 17 N.
- Walmart Tire and Lube Express Center, 3000 Proprietors Place
- Advance Auto, 1945 Remount Rd.
- Advance Auto, 4894 Ashley Phosphate Rd.
- Auto Zone, 3980 Rivers Ave.
- Auto Zone, 2010 Remount Rd.
- Auto Zone, 5365 Dorchester Rd.
- Auto Zone, 8385 Patriots Blvd.
- Charleston Air Force Base, 203 W. Steward Ave., Bldg. #634
- Pep Boys, 6240 Rivers Ave.
- Walmart Tire and Lube Express Center, 4920 Centre Point Dr.
This Web page was last updated on January 16, 2014.