Important Points to Remember
- All counties are required to use Re-TRAC Connect to meet the reporting requirements of the S.C. Solid Waste Policy and Management Act of 1991 (Act). Re-TRAC Connect, a Web-based data management system provided by DHEC, is an update to the original system. Given that, you must register with the new system in order to begin reporting.
- Cities can submit their full-cost data as well as report recycling efforts through Re-TRAC Connect. Click on "Collecting Data from Municipalities" to learn more.
- The deadline to enter Fiscal Year 2013 (July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2013) is September 13, 2013.
- Encourage businesses to report their own recycling efforts directly to DHEC through a survey available on Re-TRAC Connect, found here. Again, like local governments, users will need to register with the new system in order to begin reporting. Visit "Collecting Data from Businesses" for more information.
- Only counties are required to report their recycling data; however, cities who collect and market their own recyclables are encouraged to report directly on-line at Re-TRAC Connect. You will, however, still need to use Re-TRAC Connect to meet your full-cost disclosure requirements, as outlined in the Act.
- The deadline for the Market Price Survey -- also known as Total Revenue Earned Survey -- has moved to October 15, 2013 to match the deadline of the full-cost disclosure report. In addition, users are no longer required to complete the Market Price Survey before gaining access to the Full-cost Disclosure Report in Re-TRAC Connect.
- MSW recycling activities are narrowly defined. Know and understand the difference between MSW and processing/manufacturing activities.
- Only report material that has gone to market – not that is stockpiled.
- Only enter construction and demolition debris when it has been RECYCLED – not disposed of in a landfill.
- Do not enter demographic or solid waste disposal data. DHEC staff will complete those sections.
- All entries must be entered in POUNDS or TONS. If the number looks high – you probably entered in gallons – convert to POUNDS or TONS before entering.
- Enter one entry for each survey received AND use the generator field – much easier to search/validate/confirm data when there are questions.
- Notes field for category “items not listed above” – please list materials being included in that category. This is a MUST.
For more information about reporting, please contact the Office at 1-800-768-7348.
This Web page was last updated on July 19, 2013.