E3 (Economy, Energy and Environment): Supporting Sustainable Manufacturing in South Carolina
E3 (Economy, Energy and Environment) is a coordinated federal and local technical assistance initiative that helps communities work with their manufacturing base to adapt and thrive in a new business era focused on sustainability.
Joining forces with the local community, E3 provides manufacturers with customized, hands-on assessments of production processes to reduce energy consumption, minimize their carbon footprint, prevent pollution, increase productivity, and drive innovation; lean/green project implementations; employee training in green skills; and information and technical assistance from the Small Business Administration (SBA) regarding low interest loan availability and access to these loans for system/equipment costs recommended through assessment/implementation.
As a result, E3:
- helps foster a smarter and more efficient green workforce;
- promotes sustainable manufacturing and growth through innovative technology;
- improves the regional economy by retaining jobs in companies that are better positioned for global competition; and
- reduces environmental impacts while regaining a competitive advantage.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Pollution Prevention and Climate Leaders Programs;
- U.S. Department of Energy, Save Energy Now Leaders Program;
- U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration;
- U.S. Department of Commerce, Manufacturing Extension Partnership;
- Duke Energy;
- S.C. MEP-Industrial Extension Service;
- S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control;
- S.C. Small Business Development Center;
- S.C. Upstate Workforce Investment Board; and
- S.C. Energy Office.
- increasing energy efficiency and sustainability;
- providing valuable technical training, jobs and skills training, assessments and support for E3 clients;
- improving profitability of the local economy;
- enabling growth for companies and the state; and
- creating and retaining manufacturing jobs.
Useful links include:
The S.C. Smart Business Recycling Program is a partnership of DHEC and the S.C. Department of Commerce.
This Web page was last modified on May 3, 2013.