Welcome to the S.C. Smart Business Recycling Program ...
Why should my business recycle? Not only is it the right thing to do, it also can save you money in avoided disposal costs as well as possibly create new revenue through the sale of recovered material. No matter what type of organization you are, you can benefit from recycling.
The S.C. Smart Business Recycling Program offers free, confidential, non-regulatory services including:
- technical assistance including telephone consultations and best management practices;
- research and contacts for potential markets, service providers and beneficial reuse;
- site visits to assess reuse, waste reduction and recycling opportunities;
- the S.C. Materials Exchange;
- a state recognition program; and
The S.C. Smart Business Recycling Program is a partnership of DHEC’s Small Business Environmental Assistance Program and Office of Solid Waste Reduction and Recycling as well as various local governments that offer collection services and technical assistance to businesses.
For more information or to schedule a site visit, contact the S.C. Smart Business Recycling Program or call DHEC's Office of Solid Waste Reduction and Recycling at 1-800-768-7348.
The S.C. Smart Business Recycling Program is a partnership of DHEC and the S.C. Department of Commerce.
This Web page was last modified on Septembber 25, 2013.