Public Notice Requirements For Small Swine Facilities
Permit Applicant Responsibilities
The permit applicant prior to making an application for a permit will use the Department’s Notice of Intent to Construct an Agricultural Facility form to notify all property owners within 1,320 feet of the footprint of the proposed facility. The completed forms are submitted to the Department.
- Post four public notices in the general area of the proposed facility
- Meet with concerned citizens if twenty or more comments are received. When a meeting is required, the Department will invite all persons who submitted written comments. The meeting invitation will be sent First Class US mail service.
- Permit Decision. When a permit decision is made, DHEC will notify the following persons using First Class US mail service:
- the permit applicant;
- persons who commented in writing;
- persons who attended the meeting, if held; and
- for permit issuances, place a notice of permit issuance in a local newspaper.
Bureau of Water . Phone: (803) 898-4300 . Fax: (803) 898-3795 . Contact Us