Safe public drinking water in South Carolina is accomplished through a "multiple barrier" approach. Tools utilized in this approach include source water protection, certified water treatment plant operators, routine sanitary surveys, monitoring, treatment design and plan review. A cooperative partnership of the SC DHEC Drinking Water Program staff, the US EPA and drinking water professionals throughout the State helps to ensure safe, high quality drinking water in South Carolina.
24-HOUR EMERGENCY CONTACT:
(888) 481-0125 or (803) 253-6488
DHEC routinely provides articles for use in the Water Envrionment Association of South Carolina (WEASC) and American Water Works Association (AWWA) publication, The Journal. The articles submitted to WEASC and AWWA are listed below.
- Surface Water Withdrawal Permitting is Underway in South Carolina
- New Watershed Assessment Documents Available
- Drinking Water Fee Change
- DHEC opens thousands of additional acres for clam and oyster harvesting
Bureau of Water . Phone: (803) 898-4300 . Fax: (803) 898-3795 . Contact Us