Fish are a good source of protein, vitamins, and minerals. These advisories tell you the right amounts and types of fish to eat in South Carolina waters. SC DHEC and the Department of Natural Resources work together to provide the annual advisories.
- Maps, tables, & listings of the advisory information.
- Children under 14
- Women who are nursing
- Women who are pregnant
- Women who plan to become pregnant
- Eat as many fish as you'd like from these waterbodies.
- Listing of all the places where you should not eat certain types of fish.
- How much is one meal of fish?
- What is an advisory?
- Note: Cleaning & cooking methods can help reduce PCBs, but will not remove mercury contaminants.
- How DHEC determines an advisory
- The standard DHEC uses to issue mercury advisories
Bureau of Water . Phone: (803) 898-4300 . Fax: (803) 898-3795 . Contact Us