Drops to Watts – Water & Energy
The connection between energy and water use:
- An average home can spend upwards of $250 per year on energy needed for hot water.
- The annual amount of energy needed to heat water for an average home is more than the annual energy used to light that same house.
- Upgrading just half the households in the Southeast with WaterSense labeled faucets or faucet aerators could save residents an estimated $40 million on their water bills and another $80 million on their energy bills.
- The energy needed nationally to treat water and wastewater can account for a more than 30 percent of municipal energy costs.
- Water Efficiency Included in Energy Bill
Bureau of Water . Phone: (803) 898-4300 . Fax: (803) 898-3795 . Contact Us