School Flu Vaccine Clinics
The South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control, VaxCare Corporation and many local school districts across our state are partnering to offer seasonal flu vaccines to school children beginning in late September 2013.
Benefits of Getting the Flu Vaccine in School
- Protects your child against the flu.
- Convenient – No extra doctor's visit!
- Fewer missed days of school and work if your child stays healthy during flu season.
No Cost or Low Cost Vaccine
- If your child has Medicaid or does not have insurance, the flu vaccine will be offered at no charge to you.
- If your child has insurance, we will ask your insurance company to pay for the cost of giving the vaccine.
- If your insurance company does not pay for the flu vaccine, you will receive a bill from VaxCare or DHEC. You will not be charged more than $25.00 for the shot or $30.00 for the nasal mist.
School Flu Vaccine Clinic Documents and Forms
Below are the documents that will be sent home with your child if your school is participating in a flu vaccine clinic. You'll need to return the parent consent form to the school for your child to take advantage of the flu vaccine clinic. All documents linked below are in pdf format.)
For the parents of students attending participating schools in these counties only: Allendale, Bamberg, Beaufort, Berkeley, Calhoun, Charleston, Colleton, Dorchester, Hampton and Orangeburg.
For the parents of students attending participating schools in these counties only: Chester and Fairfield.
For the parents of students attending participating schools in Marion County only.
For the parents of students attending participating schools in these counties only: Abbeville, Anderson, Cherokee, Greenville, Greenwood, Laurens, McCormick, Oconee, Pickens, Spartanburg and Union.
- Parent Consent Form (Spanish)
- Vaccine Information Statement – Flu Nasal Mist (Spanish)
- Vaccine Information Statement – Flu Shot (Spanish)
- DHEC Privacy Notice (Spanish)
- VaxCare Privacy Notice (Spanish)
School Flu Vaccine Clinic Listings
These clinics are only for the students who attend these schools. We will continue to add clinics as the information is available.