South Carolina Worksite Initiative
The HDSP South Carolina Worksite Initiative aims to help businesses in South Carolina develop healthier worksites by providing organizations with resources to:
- initiate employee wellness programs,
- improve employee health promotion efforts, and
- advocate for policies that support environmental and policy changes in the workplace.
Benefits of implementing worksite wellness programs:
- Employee health and lifestyle interventions can positively affect a company’s bottom line.
- Research shows that healthier employees have lower absentee rates and cost less to insure.
Resources for Employers
- Helps worksites learn about wellness resources and offers ideas to start or further worksite wellness initiatives in your organization.
- Focuses on increasing physical activity and on encouraging healthy eating.
- Provides strategies and actions that can be built into existing program efforts.
More helpful links:
- CDC’s Healthier Worksite Initiative
- CDC’s LEAN works
- Wellness Council of America (WELCOA)
- American Heart Association’s Fit-Friendly Worksites
For additional information, please contact the HDSP Worksite Coordinator by phone at (803) 545-4499 or by email.