Links to other helpful tools
S.C. Tobacco Quitline: 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669)
All states have quitlines with trained coaches who provide information and help with quitting. Materials and advice are available free of charge. See the national map to locate other state quitlines.
S.C. Hospital-Based Tobacco Cessation Services
Directions for accessing information: Locate the county in which you reside. Point your mouse on the county name and click twice for a listing of hospital-based tobacco cessation (quit smoking) services in your county. It will be noted if a county does not have a hospital or if the cessation services information is not currently available.
Disclaimer: The services listed have been reported by each individual hospital. Efforts will be made to update the listing; however, information is subject to change and contact should be made directly to the hospital to verify the availability and cost of services.
DHEC does not have statutory authority to regulate tobacco cessation (quit smoking) services in S.C. hospital systems. The availability and type of tobacco cessation services at any individual S.C. hospital has no bearing on the regulatory status or health rating of that particular hospital.
- Smoking and Tobacco Use website (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- www.Smokefree.gov (National Institutes of Health)
- Stay Away From Tobacco website (American Cancer Society)
- A New Way to Think About Quitting (American Legacy Foundation)
- Freedom From Smoking Online (American Lung Association)
- Smokefreewomen website (National Cancer Institute)
If you have questions or need more information, call (803) 545-4467.