CARES IS Modifications
Effective July 1, 2011
The Immunization Division authorized the following modifications to ensure CARES IS information concurs with current immunization reporting needs.
Immunization Data Entry Screen
- The Eligibility field is removed and the table options are consolidated with the Vaccine Type field options.
- Vaccine Type field options are only applicable to clients < 19 years of age. These options include:
- VFC - > American Indian/Alaskan Native
- VFC - > Medicaid
- VFC - > Uninsured
- FQHC or RHC - > Vaccine Caps, Exclusions or No Coverage (Underinsured)
- State - > Insured - Hardship
- State - > Vaccine Caps, Exclusions or No Coverage (Underinsured)
- Private - > Insured
NOTE: A “Vaccine Type” field entry is mandatory/required ONLY if:
- the client is < 19 Years of Age, AND
- the “Entry Type” field equals ADMINISTERED
- The “Vaccine Type” field is not mandatory/required for clients 19 years of age and older (no table options are available
Report: Immunization Information (1103 Form)
Eligibility information no longer displays.
- The “VAFAC” column is blank.
- The “VAFAC Eligibility Status Legend” footnote is removed.
Questions About This Document? Contact the Immunization Division.