South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control - www.scdhec.gov
What We Do
- We monitor population immunization
rates as required by federal and state law.
- We monitor immunization
compliance in child day care facilities and schools as required by federal
and state law.
- We monitor perinatal hepatitis
B infections and the post-exposure treatment outcomes for these women,
infants, and contacts.
- We oversee the acquisition and distribution of vaccines to approximately 400 immunization practices enrolled in
the South Carolina Vaccines for Children (VFC) Immunization Partnership.
- We offer immunization consultation
and training to immunization providers in South Carolina. We also promote
the Standards for Pediatric Immunization Practices and the Standards
for Adult Immunization.
- We arrange quality assurance
monitoring visits to all immunization providers in South Carolina to
ensure accountability for public vaccine handling, storage, and use.
- We monitor vaccine-preventable
diseases in South Carolina.
- We monitor and investigate
adverse reactions to vaccines, vaccine failures, and vaccine-preventable