Information for the Public
- SHARING (Statewide HIV/AIDS Resources and Information Network Guide) is a comprehensive resource and information guide, which includes state and local programs for persons needing information on HIV/AIDS and other STDs.
- The toll free South Carolina AIDS/STD Hotline operates from 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays. Our staff can answer questions about testing, other prevention and treatment referrals for HIV/AIDS, other STDs and viral hepatitis. The number in South Carolina is: 1 (800) 322-AIDS (2437). For information and referrals on other weekdays from 8 AM to 8 PM, call CDC-INFO at 1 (800) 232-4636.
- For information on educational materials on HIV/AIDS, other STDs and viral hepatitis, visit the S.C. DHEC Educational Materials Library (EML) or contact the EML coordinator, LaMar T. O’Neil at (803) 898-3539.
Fact Sheets for the Public
- Fact sheets with basic information on HIV/AIDS, other STDs, viral hepatitis and HIV statistics in South Carolina are available for review and printing.
- All media requests should be directed to DHEC Media Relations at (803) 898-3886.