Care Line: 1-800-868-0404
Do you need help gaining access to healthcare and other important services? Call DHEC’s Care Line for help with:
- Prenatal care
- Infant healthcare
- Transportation to medical appointments
- Family Planning
- Well child check-ups
- Immunizations (vaccines)
- Services for children with special healthcare needs
- Breast and cervical cancer screenings (Best Chance Network)
- Food for you (if pregnant) and your baby (WIC nutrition program)
- Other services offered by local public health departments and community agencies.
- Directory of Services for Women & Families in South Carolina (pdf) lists services for women and children by provider and by county. These services include adoption, child care, clothing assistance, counseling, emergency services, employment, family planning, financial support, healthcare, hospitals, housing, legal aid, substance abuse treatment programs, transportation, and services to help victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Nine Months to Get Ready (pdf) gives detailed information related to pregnancy. Topics include: fetal development, how a woman’s body changes during pregnancy, tips for a healthy pregnancy, how to prepare for delivery, and breastfeeding.
For additional information, contact: 1-800-868-0404