DHEC’s Hearing Program pays for hearing aids and supplies for eligible children and youth with hearing impairment diagnosed by a licensed audiologist.
- U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent residency
- South Carolina residency
- Age under 18 years (services available for people over age 18 with certain types of Medicaid coverage)
- Household income at or below 250% of the federal poverty level ($57,625 for family of four) or Medicaid coverage for child.
- Payment for hearing aids, hearing aid repairs, batteries and other supplies
- Help working with audiologist, if needed to be sure that all needs are addressed
- Information and referral for other services for hearing impaired children if needed, including services available through public schools.
How to Apply
Contact your nearest regional CSHCN office.
If you have questions about getting services for your child with special needs, please contact us.
Info for Healthcare Providers
For more information, email Children with Special Health Care Needs
or call us at (803) 898-0784.