Special Formula Program
Nutritional preparations recommended by licensed dieticians are provided under this program to children and youth with selected medical conditions who require nutritional supplements for adequate growth and development.
- U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent residency
- South Carolina residency
- Age under 18 years
- Household income at or below 250% federal poverty level ($57,625 for family of four)
- Determination of need for special formula related to physician diagnosed medical condition covered by CRS program.
- Payment for approved nutritional preparations
- Assessment and monitoring of nutritional status
- Coordination with primary care provider(s) as needed.
How to Apply
Contact your nearest regional CSHCN office or a licensed dietician.
If you have questions about getting services for your child with special needs, please contact us.
For more information, email Children with Special Health Care Needs
or call us at (803) 898-0784.