Safety Around Animals
- Always ask the owner before petting an animal.
- Always speak softly and move slowly around an animal.
- Wash hands with soap and water after petting an animal.
- Keep children away from an animal that is acting strangely.
- Keep children away from an unfamiliar animal.
- Do not leave a small child alone to play with an animal.
Useful Internet Sites:
- Rabies for Kids: www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/kidsrabies
- National Association for Humane and Environmental Education: www.nahee.org
- Stay Bite Free! Humane Society of the United States: http://www.hsus.org/ace/11837