6th ANNUAL CARLOS SALINAS AWARD
TO RECOGNIZE A SOUTH CAROLINA DENTIST
SERVING PATIENTS WITH SPECIAL HEALTH CARE NEEDS
Carlos Salinas Award
The South Carolina Dental Association (SCDA) and the South Carolina Oral Health Coalition (SCOHACC) have established an award to honor a dentist for excellence in providing care to and advocacy for individuals with special health care needs. This award which began in 2007 is co-sponsored by Specialized Care Company, and nominations are accepted through the Division of Oral Health beginning in March of each year. The recipient is recognized at Dr. Salinas’ seminar in conjunction with the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) in Charleston and at the annual SCOHACC Oral Health Forum. The recipient also receives an engraved award from the SCDA and SCOHACC; and their name is placed on a perpetual plaque displayed at the MUSC College of Dental Medicine.
- The nominee must be a dentist licensed to practice dentistry in the State of South Carolina.
- Nominations can be submitted by anyone in the community other than the provider receiving the nomination. (Author must include name and contact information).
- A formal letter written by the person submitting the nomination; stating why the nominee should be selected.
- The letter should cite at least three specific examples that demonstrate how the nominee has provided exceptional care for patients with special needs.
- Deadline for nomination letter receipt (or postmark) is June 28, 2013. Electronic submissions are preferred.
2008 Dr. Kenneth Lowry
2009 Dr. Richard Cross
2010 Dr. Richard Bryant
2011 Dr. John Sowell
2012 Dr. Mary Bradley Tepper
For more information, please contact:
SC Department of Health and Environmental Control-Division of Oral Health; Mills-Jarrett Complex-Box 101106; Columbia, SC 29211; (803) 898-0194