Services for Children with Special Health Care Needs
Children's Rehabilitative Services (CRS)
DHEC's Children's Rehabilitative Services (CRS) provides financial assistance to families of children under age
18 with one or more of a wide array of chronic illnesses and disabling conditions.
- U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent residency
- South Carolina residency
- Age under 18 years
- Household income at or below 250% of the federal poverty
- Diagnosed condition covered by the program. (Most congenital defects and many chronic illnesses are
- Payment for medical services, supplies, equipment, and prescription medications when related to a covered
- Comprehensive assessment of child and family needs and development of a care plan that address priorities
- Information about, and referral to other sources of assistance
- Care coordination when needed.
How to Apply
Contact your nearest
regional CSHCN office.
If you have questions about getting services for your child with special needs, please contact
Info for Health care Providers
For more information, email Children with Special Health Care Needs, call us at (803) 898-0784 or visit us at one of our statewide locations. See a brief description of the work performed by DHEC's Children/Teens with Special Health Care Needs Program.