Health Care System Preparedness Program - Overview and Mission
Your hospital, health care system or community may qualify for funds through grants and cooperative agreements that
can be used to:
- Enhance hospital and health care system emergency planning and response.
- Help integrate public and private sector medical planning and assets to increase preparedness, response, and
surge capacity of hospitals and other health care facilities.
- Improve infrastructure to help hospitals and health care systems prepare for public health emergencies.
The funds are administered by DHEC's Hospital Preparedness Program (HPP). The program resides within the Office of
Public Health Preparedness at DHEC. HPP is affiliated with and supported by the U.S. Assistant Secretary for
Preparedness and Response Hospital Preparedness Program, which provides leadership and funding through grants and
cooperative agreements to states, territories and eligible municipalities to improve surge capacity and enhance
community and hospital preparedness for public health emergencies.
Key Focus Areas of HPP
- Health Care System Preparedness
- Emergency Operations Coordination
- Information Sharing
- Responder Safety and Health
- Health Care System Recovery
- Fatality Management
- Medical Surge
- Volunteer Management
See our grant guidance, get to know your regional coalition representatives, and explore exercises and training opportunities through our program.