S.C. DHEC Service Pledge
You can expect S.C. DHEC staff to:
- Treat you with respect, dignity, courtesy, and fairness whatever your age, sex, race, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, or service needs.
- Give you answers you can understand to questions about the services and policies of S.C. DHEC.
- Show you your bills and records if you want to see them.
- Explain your service, treatment, or health status in terms that are easy to understand.
- Keep all facts about your service or health care private unless permission to release is given by you or mandated by law or policy.
- Make you aware of what facts affecting you are required by law to be reported or be public information.
- Hear your suggestions on S.C. DHEC services or see that they are heard by advisory groups or in public hearings.
- Assure that you are not punished or do not lose service when you file complaints or appeals with S.C. DHEC.
- Act on valid grievances within a reasonable time.
- Make you aware of this pledge.
If you have a concern or comment, please call (803) 896-0604 or write to the Office of Quality Management, S.C. DHEC, 2600 Bull Street, Columbia, SC 29201.