At this time certified copies of the Report of Divorce are available from DHEC for divorces that were decreed between July 1962 and December 2012.
Note: All applicants must provide a photocopy or show a valid government, school or employer issued photo identification. Applications without proper identification will be rejected and not processed.
- Call 1-877-284-1008 (toll-free) or visit VitalChek 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
- Average processing time is 5-7 business days.
You are entitled to obtain a certified copy of a divorce report if you are:
- one of the divorced parties (husband or wife)
- their adult child(ren)
- a present or former spouse of either divorced party, or their respective legal representative.
- Other applicants may be provided a statement that the divorce occurred, including the date and county of divorce.
Contact the Clerk of Court in the county where divorce was granted.
- Full name of the husband
- Full name of the wife
- Date of divorce
- County where the divorce hearing was held
- Signature of the person requesting the divorce record and their current mailing address
- Relationship between the divorced parties and the person requesting the certified copy
- Full name and complete mailing address where the certified copies are to be mailed
- Area code and daytime telephone number of the person requesting the divorce record
If you have not received any response to your request within 30 days of submission, you may call 803-898-3630 or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) for an update.
For additional information, contact Vital Records.