South Carolina Environmental Excellence Program Requirements
A company or facility may become a member of the South Carolina Environmental Excellence Program by either:
- Submitting documentation of registration, certification, or active participation in a national, regional, or state recognized program or project (e.g. ISO 14001, ATMI E3 program, CMA Responsible Care program, and AF&PA Environmental Health, and Safety Principles) that encompasses the objectives set forth in Section B; or
- Submitting an environmental excellence plan signed by the company's corporate officer or by the
facility's plant manager that includes:
- Commitment by senior management to establish a company or facility-wide comprehensive environmental management system, including stated goals and objectives to enhance and improve environmental compliance through waste reduction, pollution prevention, and/or; conservation of energy and other resources;
- Development of specific, measurable targets to reach the stated goals and objectives and to periodically monitor progress toward achieving these goals. The plan may include documentation, and request for recognition of existing programs and results to date.
- Recognition that minimizing adverse impact on human health and the environment is a top priority in the company or facility's business decisions;
- Commitment to continuous improvement; and
- Commitment to effective communication with the surrounding community.
A company or facility may not be eligible to participate in the program if there has been a pattern of permit exceedances, notices of violation, fines, civil penalties and/or criminal penalties that indicates a lack of commitment to continuously improving environmental performance.
The South Carolina Environmental Excellence Program reserves the right to review compliance records under Section A and B.
- New Member Application Web page and Brochure (pdf)
- Application for Member Renewal
- Sample Company SCEEP Certificate
- Sample Individual SCEEP Certificate
- Printable SCEEP Fact Sheet
South Carolina Environmental Excellence Program
South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control
2600 Bull Street
Columbia, SC 29201