Skip to content
Food Safety for Industry

Residential Healthcare Facilities

The photo shows an elderly patient who is about to drink and eat his meal.(Including Nursing Homes, Community Residential Care/Assisted Living Centers, Hospitals, Treatment Centers, Day Care Facilities for Adults, Habitation Centers)

Food Permit Needed

Food services for nursing homes, assisted living centers, and other residential healthcare facilities must meet all requirements of S.C. Regulation 61-25, Retail Food Establishments.

In addition, food services associated with a residential healthcare facility must meet additional requirements set out in the applicable S.C. healthcare licensing regulations.