Skip to content
Food Safety and S.C. Public Health

Special Events/Food Products: Need a Permit?

Depending on circumstances, your church, school, non-profit organization or community group may need to get a permit from DHEC for special events or ongoing activities involving the serving or sale of food (or food products) to the public. 

See our “Do You Need a Permit” page in our “Food Safety for Industry” website for general guidance on special events, fundraisers, concession stands, etc. There, you’ll also find convenient links to application forms and contact information.

.In addition, review DHEC’s Food Safety for Fundraisers and Large Groups brochure (pdf).