Brownfields and Drycleaner Programs
The Brownfields and Drycleaner Programs is responsible for administering South Carolina's Drycleaning Facility Restoration Trust Fund by using funds to assess, prioritize, and clean up registered dry-cleaning sites that are polluted within the state. The Program operates on fees and taxes collected from drycleaning facilities.
For information, e-mail Robert Hodges or call (803) 898-0919.
S.C. DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE (SCDOR)
SCDOR issues registrations and collects taxes from drycleaners operating in the state. Please call David Demary at (803) 896-1902 for assistance.
S.C. SMALL BUSINESS ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (SCSBAP)
Toll-Free Hotline: 1-800-819-9001
FAX: (803) 898-4487
SCSBAP provides free assistance to small bussinesses and consists of the following components:
- small business ombudsmen;
- environmental technical assistance; and
- a compliance advisory panel.
For more information, visit SCSBAP's webpage.
- Drycleaning Containment Guidelines
- Laws & Regulations
- Drycleaning Facility Restoration Trust Fund Law Changes Explained
- Drycleaning Facility Restoration Trust Fund Eligibilty Critera
- Drycleaning Forms
- Current Budget and 5-year Funding Projection for the Drycleaning Trust Fund
- Drycleaning Sites by Rank (Sites ranked as "999" are in the process of being scored. A list with updated ranking will be posted here when the scoring process is complete)
The State Coalition of Remediation of Drycleaners provides a forum for the exchange information and discussion of implementation issues related to established state drycleaner programs; shares information and lessons learned with states without drycleaner-specific programs; and encourages the use of innovative technologies in drycleaner remediation.
The current members of the Drycleaning Advisory Council are:
- Mr. Chuck Bauknight, Jr.
- Mr. Thomas Garrett
- Mr. Scott Gribbin
- Mr. Robert Mims, III
- Mr. John Riser
- Mr. Ed Robinson, III
- Mr.Stuart Staples, Chairman
- Mr. Kevin Sturgeon
- Mr. Derrick Thomas
- Mr. Larry Koester
Each member is appointed for a two-year term.
Drycleaning Restoration Program
|Robert Hodges, Jr. P.G., Program Manager||
|Konstantin Akhvediani, Project Manager||
|Paul Bergstrand P.G., Project Manager||
|Tammy Whittle, Administrative Support||
|Mark Berenbrok, Project Manager||
For more information please contact the Bureau of Land & Waste Management at (803) 898-2000 or visit our offices (note new location).