Shop green at your local grocery store, drug store, office supply store and discount store. Read labels, looking for products with the highest percentage of recycled contents, including:
- Pencils made from 100 percent recycled materials including recycled tires;
- Pens and pencils made from recycled contents and refillable;
- Paper, notebooks, folders made from recycled materials;
- Backpacks made from recycled plastic bottles;
- Spiral notebooks made from recycled fibers and printed with soy ink; and
- Clipboards made from 100 percent recycled fibers.
Better still, before purchasing your school supplies, consider reusing what you already own, trading, borrowing, renting, or buying used. Only buy new things as a last resort.
Need help finding recycled-content school supplies? Call us at 1-800-768-7348 for suggestions.