Myra Reece serves as the director of Environmental Affairs (EA), overseeing DHEC's environmental programs including the Bureaus of Air Quality, Water, Land and Waste Management, and Environmental Health Services, and the Office of Ocean and Coastal Resource Management.
Bureau of Air Quality
The Bureau of Air Quality (BAQ) develops & implements strategies to maintain the quality of South Carolina's Air.
- BAQ Full Organization Chart
- Division of Air Assessment & Regulation
- Division of Emissions Evaluation & Support
- Division of Air Permitting
- Division of Compliance Management
Bureau of Environmental Health Services
The Bureau of Environmental Health Services (BEHS) manages and implements DHEC's Onsite Wastewater; Rabies Prevention; Food Protection; Dairy and Manufactured Food; Laboratory Certification; Medical Entomology; and Oil, Chemical, and Nuclear Emergency Response Programs. BEHS also supports DHEC's air, land, and water programs through field offices and a central laboratory.
- BEHS Full Organizational Chart
- Environmental Laboratories
- BEHS Programs
- Upstate Regional Office (Anderson, Greenwood, Walhalla)
- Upstate Regional Office (Greenville & Spartanburg)
- Midlands Regional Office (Columbia, Lancaster, Rock Hill)
- Midlands Regional Office (Aiken & Orangeburg)
- Pee Dee Regional Office (Florence & Sumter)
- Pee Dee Regional Office (Conway & Myrtle Beach)
- Lowcountry Regional Office (Beaufort & Charleston)
Bureau of Land & Waste Management
The Bureau of Land & Waste Management (BLWM) coordinates mining and waste-related activities and implements assessment and corrective actions for contaminated sites.
- BLWM Full Organizational Chart
- Administrative Services
- Division of Compliance & Enforcement
- Division of Waste Management
- Division of Mining & Solid Waste
- Site Assessment, Remediation & Revitalization Division
- Underground Storage Tank (UST) Management Division
Bureau of Water
The Bureau of Water (BOW) helps ensure that South Carolina's waters are drinkable, swimmable and fishable through regulatory and voluntary programs to control point and nonpoint sources of pollution.
- BOW Full Organizational Chart
- Division of Water Facilities Permitting
- Division of Dams Safety & Stormwater Permitting
- Division of Water Quality
- Division of Water Pollution Compliance & Enforcement
- Division of Drinking Water & Recreational Waters Protection
- Division of Monitoring, Assessment & Protection
Office of Ocean & Coastal Resource Management
The Office of Ocean & Coastal Resource Management (OCRM) preserves sensitive and fragile areas while promoting responsible development in the eight coastal counties of South Carolina.