Registration Process: New Facilities
Before your facility can install X-ray equipment, you must first apply for and be granted a Facility Registration Approval from DHEC.
The approval process requires a review of your facility's:
- Operating procedures
- Radiation protection program
- Shielding plan.
Apply for Registration Approval
- Complete the Facility Registration Approval Request Form (pdf) . (If you represent an out-of-state facility that would like to offer mobile X-ray services in South Carolina, you must file an Out-of-State Facility Registration Form (pdf) .
- Enclose your facility operating procedures and shielding plan .
- If your facility is a mobile facility, also send us your operating schedule.
- Enclose your application fee of $62.50 and your shielding plan review fee of $62.50 (if applicable to your facility).
Once your facility registration is approved, you must then register your X-Ray machines/equipment within 30 days of the acquisition date.
Your Registration Number
We assign each facility a unique 6-digit registration number in this format: XX-XXXX. The first two numbers indicate the county in which your facility is located. The last four numbers are a unique number assigned to your facility.
Always reference your registration number in all correspondence with DHEC.